As the warm weather draws you out to enjoy the beauty of and around Staunton, plan a full day of explorations complete with a perfectly packed picnic.
If you need a picnic basket, you’re in luck. Antique stores are known for them (and we have some of those), or you might find your next handmade heirloom to pass down when you visit Appalachian Pieceworks on Middlebrook Avenue.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Good luck with this one, as you’ll probably wantmore than a picnic basket full of what Staunton has to offer. With a broad stroke of the pen, these are some goodies we think you’ll love to take along.
- Cranberry’s Club at Cranberry Grocery features house-made cranberry mayo on Newtown sourdough bread.
- Caromont Plank Road Round cheese pairs well with crusty bread and fruity red or white wine. Pick it up at Yelping Dog.
- Order a small bowl (or large, if you want) of Gourmet Olives or Waldorf Salad at Lewis Creek Market.
- Ask for the Hummus Plate to go at George Bowers Grocery. It includes fresh veggies, feta, and crackers. You have our permission to get a cucumber and banana milkshake to go.
- Swing by The Store for fresh tomatoes or cucumbers (because you need them outside of a milkshake, too).
AND AWAY WE GO …
Cheers to eating, loving, and exploring locally!