Last Updated March 25 at 9:53 a.m.
COVID-19 (Coronovirus) Pandemic
The City of Staunton takes the health and safety of our citizens and visitors seriously, and the coronavirus has our full attention. With the situation evolving rapidly, we encourage the traveling public to seek and heed the latest expert guidance, and to make fact-based travel decisions.
Governor Northam is urging Virginians to limit all non-essential travel outside the home, if and when possible. If you choose to go to the park, for a walk, or exercise outside, please practice strict social distancing and keep six feet apart from others. All public and private gatherings of more than 10 people are banned.
Please see the city’s COVID-19 landing page for more information.
The following Attractions have been closed:
American Shakespeare Center will be closed from March 19-May 31, 2020.
Frontier Culture Museum will be closed from March 14-March 29, 2020. All events are suspended for the next 30 days.
Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library and Museum will be closed from March 16-March 31, 2020.
Sunspots Studios is closed until further notice.
Trinity Episcopal Church closed until March 27, 2020
We encourage locals and visitors to show your support by shopping local when appropriate. Find out more about the businesses, restaurants and shops that are offering curbside service, delivery, shipping and other services. Visit Staunton Downtown Development Association page to find out what businesses are doing and how you can support them during this unprecedented time.
The following events have been canceled.
Staunton PRIDE Festival rescheduled for July 24-26, 2020
Earth Day Staunton to be rescheduled
All events are subject to change or cancellation. We encourage you to contact the event organizer directly to confirm that the event information has not been changed.
To protect the health of our community staff, and visitors, the Downtown Visitor Center will be closed Wednesday, March 18 through Wednesday, April 15, at which time the hours of operations will be re-evaluated. The administrative office will continue regular weekday operations. Please call 540-332-3865 with any questions.
The Tourist Information Center at Frontier Culture Museum of Virginia will be closed from Friday, March 14, 2020 through Sunday, March 29, 2020. In addition, all special events have been suspended for the next thirty days.
- Avoid traveling if you are sick.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- If you are 65 years or older, have compromised immunity, or have a pre-existing health condition, it is advised to avoid air travel and large crowds.
- Maintain at least 3 feet distance from those that are coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60%–95% alcohol.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue if you cough or sneeze. Throw away the tissue immediately after. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your sleeve in the elbow. In either case, wash your hands thoroughly after.
- If you are healthy, it is not necessary to wear a facemask. Facemasks are most effective when used by people who are already ill to prevent the spread of germs. Please protect our healthcare workers.
Public Health and Travel Resources
General COVID-19 Information