Celebrate Every MOM(ent) in Staunton
You have the best mom in the world! And, fortunately, there’s a holiday designed to help you show her how much you appreciate her. Mother’s Day is Sunday, and it’s time to spoil Mom as much as she spoiled you. Here are some Staunton gifts, experiences, brunches, and more to make any mom or mother figure in your life feel special this year.
- Treat your mom to Mother’s Day Brunch at the Blackburn Inn. You’ll enjoy an elegant brunch, a “mom-osa” bar, and a portrait session. (May 14, 10:30 am – 2pm). After your meal, swing by the open house at the Spa at the Blackburn for sips, snacks, and spa giveaways.
- Hotel 24 South is holding a Mother’s Day Lunch Buffet (May 14, 11 am – 2 pm). Enjoy seafood, breakfast fare including an omelet station, prime rib, salmon, roast turkey, a variety of delectable desserts, and much more.
- Take Mom out for a brunch of “inspired Southern cuisine” at Zynodoa (brunch served Saturday and Sunday, 10 am – 2 pm). Both indoor and outdoor seating are available.
- Depot Grille serves Sunday brunch from 11 am – 2 pm.
- Do you and Mom bond over theater? Take her to one of the final productions of As You Like It 2023 or Eurydice 2023 at the Blackfriars. Or plan ahead for The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) [revised] (again). Afterward, share your reviews over wine and snacks at Yelping Dog Wine.
- Learn something new with Toothmark Metals: Basic Soldering Workshop at The Foundry. Create a set of sterling silver stacking rings and learn how to use a jeweler’s torch. (May 12, 6 pm)
- Find your zen with a gentle Vinyasa yoga class at Burrow and Vine. (May 13, 11 am – noon). Come back the next day for a class on the basics of tarot reading. All tarot class attendees will receive 10% off at both Burrow and Vine and Little Shoppe of Crystals.
- Enjoy lovely views and music at the Mother’s Day Music with Matthew Mozingo at White Oak Lavender Farm & The Purple WOLF Tasting Room. Visitors can also explore the farm and sample wine in the tasting room. (May 14, 2 – 5 pm).
- Want to develop your green thumb? Sign up for the Getting Started with Container Gardening at AMI Farm at Augusta Health. This class teaches the basics and is perfect for those with limited space, mobility, or time. (May 24, 5:30 pm).
- Start a tradition of visiting Accordia wine shop each Tuesday or Friday for a guided tasting of eight globally diverse wines. Share a homemade bistro meal. (Starts at 4:30 pm).
- Take Mom back to nature at Walnut Hills Campground. Special Mother’s Day activities include crafts, a bake-off, and a movie night.
- Spoil Mom with luxurious soaps, lotions, and all things that smell good from Redwood & Co., Marion’s Candles or Essentially Zen Artisan Body & Bath Co. Marion’s is offering Mother’s Day gift baskets, and Essentially Zen carries curated “zen boxes” of specialty candles, soaps, and bath bombs designed to fit an individual fragrance profile.
- Find a unique gift or keepsake at Queen City Games and Gifts, Words Matter Gift Shop, Harmony Moon, Sunspots Studio, Made; By the People, for the People, or The Foundry Pop-Ups.
- Buy Mom a new outfit or a gift card for something nice to wear at Billy Opal, Design at 9, The Local Collective, or Latitudes. The Sparrow’s Nest carries a nice selection of handmade jewelry.
- Help Mom relax with a massage or pedicure at Breezy Hill Day Spa or the Spa at the Blackburn.
- Giancarlo Fine European Pastries creates gorgeous and tasty pastries, tarts, cakes, and chocolates that will appease Mom’s sweet tooth.
- Take a hike together, but first, get her a new pair of running shoes at Sole Focus Running or some new hiking poles and a daypack at Wilderness Adventure.
- Mother’s Day Saturday Flower Workshop w/ Faded Poppy at Stable Craft Brewing (May 13, 3 pm). You’ll work with a professional floral designer to create a farm-fresh arrangement. Sip a beer while you work!
- Take your favorite mother figures to Harmony Harvest Farm’s Cool Mom Workshop to create precious memories and incredible floral arrangements (May 13 · 1 – 3 pm). The Weyers Cave farm grows over 400 types of flowers. Customers can order mixed bouquets or fresh-cut flowers.
- Staunton florists Brin’s Posey Floral, Honey Bee’s Florist, and Lynn’s Florist & Gifts can create something beautiful and artistic for you.
- Burrow & Vine is a wonderful option if your mom feels sad when her cut flowers die. You can buy her a living plant, plant accessory, or plant-themed decor.
- Buy a seasonal bouquet subscription from Farrish Farm. Each week, Mom will get a vase arrangement or a wrapped market bouquet of organically grown heirloom flowers.
Stay up to date on the latest and greatest happening in Staunton.