Shop Local This Giving Season In Staunton
The giving season is here again! Whether you want to update your look for the holiday social scene, find meaningful gifts for the special people on your list, or have fun, the locally-owned businesses in downtown Staunton have what you need. Staunton boasts a diverse mix of indie shops. Our small business owners are following their passions and creating one of the best independent shopping districts in the state. You’ll not only snag one-of-a-kind Staunton finds, but you’ll also be supporting the local small businesses that give back to the community and make Staunton such a unique and special place.
Everyone wants to look good at the holiday celebrations. Here’s where to source your look in Staunton.
- Billy Opal delivers a combination of high-end new and vintage clothing, accessories, hats, and shoes for both women and men. You’ll find a wide range of unique looks for all occasions as well as one-on-one help to find your new style.
- CFO Trading Co. sells men’s and fine gifts apparel. Here you’ll find something nice to wear, accessories, shaving supplies, and glassware.
- Make your winter wardrobe sparkle with fun, affordable, and sustainable fashions from the Community Culture Thrift Exchange. Browse the racks or reserve a curated surprise box, which includes an entire stylish outfit designed just for you!
- Latitudes carries beautiful and stylish fair-trade clothing and jewelry in a variety of styles. You can also give your tree some bling with three different styles of Staunton holiday ornaments.
- The Sparrow’s Nest is your one-stop shop for jewelry and accessories (for yourself) and sells unique and handcrafted items to gift your loved ones. Look for greeting cards, original artwork, turned wood bowls, wood furniture, and treats from local farms and kitchens.
- Update your wardrobe with new-to-you styles from decades past at Juniper Lane Vintage. The store specializes in the best styles from the 70s, 80s, and 90s as well as wedding dresses from different eras.
- Design@Nine has been helping Staunton look beautiful for 20 years with stylish and well-made clothing, shoes, and accessories.
- Bonita’s Salon has been helping downtown Staunton look its best since 2010. Go ahead and pamper yourself with a new hairstyle, artistic nails, or a special-occasion look.
Don’t give all your gift-buying business to online and big-box retailers. You’ll find everything you need in downtown Staunton.
- How about taking the kids to Pufferbellies Toys and Books and letting them explore the store to fill out their Christmas wishlists? Pufferbellies carries games for all ages, books, stuffed animals, LEGOS, art supplies, stocking stuffers, and much more.
- Sunspots Studios sells beautiful locally-made art glass and jewelry. Their glass ball ornaments are a Staunton classic.
- Looking for the perfect hostess gift? Harmony Moon has holiday table linens, candles, bath and spa supplies, decor, and more. Marion’s Candles and Scents and Essentially Zen Artisan Body and Bath Co. offer a variety of wonderful smells for home and bath.
- Burrow & Vine curates a wonderful selection of plant-themed gifts and tools. They also sell fine barware, candles, and decor.
- Along with a big selection of new and used books, The Book Dragon stocks Staunton t-shirts, stickers, maps, books, and items of local interest.
- Art For Gifts opens on November 10th at the Staunton Augusta Art Center, and you can find the most unique, hand crafted gifts for your loved ones.
- Medieval Fantasies Company creates soaps, teas, armor, medieval swords and clothing, and much, much more.
- Queen City Games and Gifts, The Foundry Pop-Ups, and Made; By the People for the People provide nice selections of unique gifts as well as the handcrafted work of local artists and artisans.
- Visit the American Shakespeare Center gift shop for Shakespeare-themed goodies like shirts, bags, stickers, ornaments, and study guides. Stuff stockings for history buffs with candles, mugs, notecards, picture frames, and holiday ornaments from the Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library gift shop.
- Is your pup feeling neglected while you’re out shopping and celebrating? Make him feel better with treats and toys from Well Balanced Paw.
- Treat your favorite outdoor enthusiasts to gifts from Sole Focus Running Shop, Black Dog Bikes, and Wilderness Adventure.
When you need a break from buying things, Staunton also offers plenty of ways to have experiences and enjoy fun activities while supporting the local community.
- Get the gang together and solve a mystery at Crack the Code Escape Room. You’ll have an hour to pool your brain cells and make magic happen!
- It’s so easy to pop downtown and enjoy a movie at the Visulite. Not only do they show the new movies you’re dying to see, but they also have beer, wine, and bottomless bags of popcorn!
- Sign up for a workshop at Kate’s Mercantile and Co. You can learn the basics of watercolor, cupcake design, and how to create and wrangle sourdough starter.
- Art Hive, Staunton’s new art and reuse space, offers a community vibe, workspace, and a selection of workshops and classes. Look for seasonal selections, intros to various media, and specific projects like denim bag creation and cooking demonstrations.
- Even when the weather is chilly, the past lives on at the Frontier Culture Museum! Take a tour and learn how early residents of the Valley lived and worked. Upcoming events include an artisan fair and the annual holiday lantern tours.
- The holiday season is the perfect time to catch a performance at the Blackfriars Playhouse. This year’s shows include Much Ado About Nothing, Hamlet, Coriolanus, and of course A Christmas Carol.
Stay up to date on the latest and greatest happening in Staunton.