Discover the Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide in Staunton
Do you still have some holiday shopping to do? If you’re like us, you’re still trying to figure out the perfect gift for everyone on your list, and sometimes online choices make things harder! If you prefer a hands-on and personalized shopping experience and gifting from local stores, here’s a Staunton gift guide.
Some people are hard to buy for because they seem to have everything they need. How about giving that hard-to-buy friend a wonderful experience?
- It’s going to be an exciting spring season at the Blackfriars Playhouse with A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Julius Ceasar, and Pride and Prejudice. Share the gift of theater with tickets to an upcoming show!
- Tickets for a ride on the Virginia Scenic Railway make an excellent gift. Riders can relax as the lovely Shenandoah Valley rolls by and enjoy a tasty meal.
- If your giftee is a creative soul who just needs a little inspiration or guidance, sign them up for a workshop or class at Art Hive, Kate’s Mercantile, Burrow & Vine, and Beverley Street Studio School. They can learn anything from watercolor, art history, meditation, yoga, cooking, and much more.
- Treat your family and friends to an annual membership at the Frontier Culture Museum. Not only will you learn about the earliest settlers of our region, but the museum also hosts regular lectures and several outdoor festivals.
Gifts for the Outdoor Lover
Staunton is the perfect home base for outdoor adventures. Here’s where to grab that perfect gift for the outdoor lover.
- Vivid Earth Adventures provides guided trips and instruction for a variety of outdoor pursuits like canoeing, caving, rock climbing, rappelling, outdoor skills, and more. Trips are designed specifically for each participant’s experience level and particular needs.
- Black Dog Bikes stocks bikes from Specialized and Rocky Mountain as well as a selection of E-bikes, clothing, and gear.
- Keep your favorite runner supplied with fresh kicks and gear from Sole Focus Running Shop.
- Ski enthusiasts can easily reach the slopes at Massanutten or Wintergreen, and you can get them geared up with a gift certificate to Stan’s Ski and Snowboard.
- Wilderness Adventure stocks boots, clothing, and gear to help your adventurer stay safe and comfortable on the trail.
- Consider gifting an annual pass to Shenandoah National Park.
Gifts that are Fun
Share the joy with these fun gifts.
- Shop toys, games, and books for kids and the young at heart at Pufferbellies Toys and Books. Not only is the store full of quality toys, but the staff is also eager to recommend a gift suited to the age and interests of the recipient. Better yet, Pufferbellies will wrap the gifts for you.
- Pick from more than 20,000 different model kits at Frontline Model Kits and Hobbies!
- Gift certificates for a chance to solve a mystery at Crack the Code Escape Room make excellent gifts for budding detectives and families and friend groups who like to work together.
- You’ll be the life of the party when you gift a bottle of wine! Yelping Dog Wine and Accordia have wide selections of local and international offerings. Give a bottle of wine from local favorites Ox-Eye Vineyards or Star Party Winery. You can also set up a private tasting in their new tasting room downtown.
- Make your loved ones smile with charming gifts from downtown gift shops like Made: By the People, For the People, Little Shoppe of Crystals, Words Matter, and Medieval Fantasies Company Gyft Shoppe. Put a sparkle in her smile with some fancy bling from Crown Jewelers or Bonfire Begonia.
Gifts for the Fashion Forward
If the fashionista on your list enjoys quality wardrobe pieces, check out these Staunton boutiques.
- Billy Opal specializes in high-end and vintage clothing, accessories, and shoes. They also provide expert help for those trying to define a style. Gifts from Baby Opal make kids look and feel like a million bucks!
- If your friend is interested in fashion and sustainability, reserve them a curated surprise box from the Community Culture Thrift Exchange. The recipient provides sizing and interest information and receives three unique high-quality pieces.
- Juniper Lane Vintage is another store that can revamp your wardrobe with vintage styles.
- Latitudes Fair Trade Store sells unique and trendy clothing, bags, scarves, jewelry, and home decor.
- CFO Trading Co. sells traditional men’s clothing and gifts like flasks, cocktail accessories and ingredients, journals, grooming supplies, and more.
Gifts for the Homebody
Got somebody on the list who prefers their couch to a crowd? Help them feather their nest with cozy favorites.
- Make your book lover smile with something from The Book Dragon, which carries books for readers of all ages. Stuff a stocking at Staunton Books, which sells a curated selection of used books at bargain prices.
- Along with jewelry, bags, and accessories, The Sparrow’s Nest also sells candles, and pottery mugs for sipping warm beverages.
- Want to make someone feel special all year long? How about gifting them with a subscription for fresh-cut, seasonal bouquets from Brown Dog Blooms, Farrish Farm, or Harmony Harvest Farm?
- Redwood + Co can up the cozy factor of any home with small-batch signature candles, stylish decor, and tools for entertaining.
- Make your home and body smell amazing by grabbing some candles, soap or body frosting from Essentially Zen.
- Gift something with a story from O’Brien’s Antiques & Art or Eclectic Retro, both located in the historic Wharf area.
We’re confident that whomever you’re shopping for will love a unique gift from Staunton this holiday season. Happy shopping!
Stay up to date on the latest and greatest happening in Staunton.