Try These Staunton Signature Drinks
Have you spent the day enjoying Staunton’s sights and sounds to the fullest? Are you ready to unwind after an outdoor adventure? Are you looking for a way to connect with friends? How about sharing a Staunton signature cocktail before gearing up for dinner and entertainment? Here are our picks for both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
Beer, Wine, and Spirits
- Zynodoa serves food with a Southern twist and an emphasis on local ingredients. Tuck in at the stylish bar for a craft cocktail like the Beverley Beau, a smokey and tangy blend of Knob Creek rye, vermouth, hickory syrup, and grapefruit juice set off perfectly by a garnish of blueberries.
- Redbeard Brewing Co. has a rotating tap list, full of lots of wonderful tastes. If you can get your hands on it, try the Moriarty Imperial Stout or one of its variants like Derby Pie or Backyard Berries.
- Baja Bean Co. is probably your go-to Staunton stop for Tex-Mex and craft beer. You should also try the Baja Paloma, made with Espolon Silver, grapefruit, simple syrup, lime juice, and soda. And if you’re in town for this year’s Queen City Mischief & Magic, make sure you grab a Butter Beer!
- Whether you visit Blu Point Seafood Co. for fresh seafood or a steak or burger, make sure you try a signature drink. The BluBerry Lemonade features Absolut vodka, St-Germaine elderflower blueberry puree, and freshly squeezed lemon.
- Relax in the Ciders From Mars taproom and enjoy a tasting flight or a glass of flagship Hellas Dry Cider. It’s made with a blend of modern and vintage Virginia-grown apples.
- Each season, Byers Street Bistro creates new specialty cocktails. Warm up with a cinnamon apple hot toddy, which features bourbon, honey, lemon, and cinnamon apple tea. Wake up with the espresso martini, made with vanilla vodka, cold brew, and coffee liqueur. Plan to share some jumbo chicken wings or mac and cheese bites.
- Snag a table or a few chairs at The Green Room to chat with friends over a glass of wine, a beer, or a cocktail like the Negroni Imposter. This treat is made with Cappelletti vermouth rouge and Stappi Bitter soda. Keep it company with a cheese board or a serving of loaded tots.
- Get cozy with a cocktail and appetizer or settle in for a full meal at Clocktower Food and Spirits. This cool 1890s building’s historic features like the clock date back to its time as Virginia’s second YMCA. Try the popular bloody mary or simply take advantage of the daily happy hour from 3-7 p.m.
- The tasting room for Ox-Eye Vineyard is tucked in a historic building in the Wharf. Come in for a tasting or just go ahead and order a glass (or bottle) of the Shy Ox Rosé. This dry, crisp rosé is estate-grown and carries notes of passion fruit and strawberry.
- Accordia is a new artisanal wine, chocolate, and cheese shop in downtown Staunton. They offer weekly guided wine tastings with wines from all over the world and an ever-changing menu of delicious bites. Don’t miss their signature Hugo cocktail. Hugos are a German specialty featuring locally produced Elderberry syrup and bubbly.
- Celebrate historic Staunton at The Depot Grille, which is flanked by cabooses and located at the train depot. Sit down at the 40-foot bar and order any cocktail you’d like, but we recommend coming for Sunday brunch and indulging in a $5 bloody mary or Sunday screwdriver.
- The By&By is a perfect spot for a quick bite and a cup of something warm. Look for seasonal drink specials like the Lost Mitten (almond hot chocolate with marshmallows) or the Rosy Cheeks raspberry mocha.
- For something delicious and healthy, try a signature smoothie from Cranberry’s. Choose between blueberry, cherry, or strawberry mixed with banana. Add in either hemp or soy protein as well as cranberry juice, almond milk, or oat milk.
- Are you walking down Beverley Street smelling something sweet? That’s probably the homemade waffle cones they’re making at Split Banana. Pile on any of the shop’s 24 rotating flavors of gelato or have your favorite mixed with whole milk for the best shake you’ve ever had. Why not try cocoa ancho or hazelnut?
Stay up to date on the latest and greatest happening in Staunton.