Fall In Love With Staunton
Want to share a glass of wine or a sweet dessert? A cozy hotel room? A fun, Valentine’s Day-themed experience? Feel the love as you unwind and reconnect in charming, historic, romantic Staunton. Here are some of our favorite places to fall in love and fall in love with Staunton.
Places to Stay
If you’re planning a romantic getaway, you’ll need a cozy nest away from home.
- Frederick House offers the charm and individuality of a B&B as well as the comfort and amenities of larger hotels. The beautiful and traditionally decorated 20-room hotel encompasses space in five historic downtown buildings. Ask about the Shakespeare Theatre Ticket special. As You Like It begins February 17th!
- The Hotel 24 South and The Blackburn Inn both feature elegant rooms in restored buildings, beds with pillowtop mattresses, and spa-like showers. Impress your Valentine with Hotel 24 South’s Valentine Package (February 10-11 or February 17-18). The package includes accommodations and breakfast for two, parking, and champagne or sparkling cider.
- The Blackburn Inn’s Love Is in the Air: Valentine’s Day Package lasts all month and includes a “sparkling arrival,” a pair of champagne flutes, a rose-petal turndown, a late checkout time, and dining credit at the onsite Second Draft Bistro. Make it even more special with a trip to the spa to relax and rejuvenate!
- Inn at Meadowcroft has just been named one of @staysandgetaways “3 Romantic AF Valentine’s Day Getaway” spots in Virginia! Set on a picturesque 300-acre farm, the inn has six unique guest rooms and suites. Enjoy your cozy, antique-decorated room and modern bath, have a drink in the great room, and take a romantic walk around the farm. Make sure to check out the views of the sunset and the stars. Greet the morning with a locally sourced, seasonal breakfast.
Valentine’s Day Events
- Get in the mood for romance with a little dancing at Saturday’s Dance Your Art Off event. This Staunton Augusta Art Center fundraiser is happening in the R.R. Smith Center and includes a DJ spinning tunes and drinks. (February 4, 7-midnight)
- Seed to Tail’s Wines and Chocolate event will prepare you for the big day by helping you learn how to best pair your favorite wines and sweet treats. (February 10, 6:30-9 p.m.) You can also reserve a spot on the waitlist for their Valentine’s Day Romantic Italy Meal.
- Stable Craft Brewing is dishing up an incredible Valentine’s Champagne Dinner for Two on February 10 and 11. Also on February 11, head to the brewery for Blooms, Besties, & Brews: Galentine’s Day Flower Arranging Workshop and a Valentine concert by Little Walter and the Convictions.
- Celebrate the month of love at Burrow and Vine with an Herbal Aphrodisiacs workshop where you can try your hand at mixing up an herbal love elixir. (February 12, 2 p.m.) If you’d prefer something less romantic, try the Galentine’s Day Floral Candle workshop (February 13, 5:30 p.m.)
- Get the girls together on February 12 for Galentine’s Day at Barren Ridge Vineyards. They’ll have live music by the Nadine Chase Jazz Ensemble and Rosé All Day Drink Specials. These include $5 glasses of rosé prosecco and 10% off bottles of Barren Ridge Rosé.
- Accordia and Laurie’s Chocolates are partnering for Wine & Chocolate Pairing for Valentine’s Day. This event in Accordia’s tasting room will teach you the delicious basics of wine and chocolate pairings. (February 12, 1 and 3 p.m.)
- Crafty teens can design and decorate mini sweets and crafts at the Staunton Public Library’s Tiny DIY Valentine’s Day Party. (February 13, 4-8 p.m.)
- Blackfriars Playhouse will host the Early Music Access Project’s Winter Songs & Stories. This concert features musicians and storytellers and provides an “intimate evening of music from the British Isles and America.” (February 13 at 7:30 p.m.)
Date Night Desserts
Impress your honey with something sweet this year!
- Whipp’d Cakery creates a rotating lineup of cupcakes, cheesecakes, cookie dough, brownies, custom desserts, and more. Not only are they beautiful, but they also taste amazing. Why not have them put together something special for your Valentine (or Galentine)?
- The Split Banana will feed romance with a big selection of fresh gelato flavors like coffee toffee, cherry cheesecake, or Guinness extra stout. You can hold hands and share cones as you stroll around downtown window shopping.
- Giancarlo Fine European Pastries creates intensely-flavored fine chocolates made from Cordillera Colombian 65 % cacao and 36% dark milk, single bean chocolate. Featured flavors include raspberry white chocolate ganache, espresso, orange zest, caramel milk-dark, and hazelnut gianduja.
- Try something different with a Belgian waffle from Sweet Addie’s. The Liège waffles Sweet Addie’s serves are sweeter and made with “a perfectly chewy level of caramelization.” Waffles come loaded with toppings like Belgian cookie butter, candy, whipped cream, powdered sugar, shaved chocolate, and more.
- Soft-serve fans can’t go wrong with a cone or sundae from Wright’s Dairy Rite, an old-fashioned drive-in Staunton serving Staunton since the 50s.
- Barren Ridge Vineyards has a gift bundle that pairs Laurie’s Chocolates gourmet truffles with Barren Ridge Wine. Pre-order through February 6.
Find the perfect Valentine’s Day gift in one of Staunton’s independent shops, galleries, and antique stores downtown. Shop for candles, bath supplies, garden gifts, art-glass, jewelry, clothing, games, art, and vintage treasures of all kinds.